Describe a situation in which you have encountered a culturally-derived communication misunderstanding in a healthcare setting with a patient, physician, colleague; supervisor or administrator and its outcome.
What actions could you, in an advanced nursing role, implement to prevent culturally-derived miscommunications?
Are there ethical implications for not addressing cultural miscommunications? (Use fictional names and places. Choose a situation from the peer-reviewed literature if needed).
- Due: Thursday, 11:59 pm PT
- Length: A minimum of 250 words, not including references
- Citations: At least one high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years
Write a one to two-page summary on key assumptions of Leininger’s Culture Care theory and summarize the implications of this theory for your chosen advanced nursing role.
- Due: Monday, 11:59 pm PT
- Length: 1-2 pages, excluding title page and reference page
- Format: APA 6th ed. formatting and citation rules are required for all written assignments in this and all graduate courses.
- Research: A minimum of one, recent (past five years) scholarly, peer-reviewed reference citation is required.