MANAGED CARE, ACCOUNTABLE CARE ORGANIZATIONS, HEALTH CARE CONSUMER PLANS/MODELS
There are various types of plans consumers can select. MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, or ACOs are the most common ones; however they all supply various benefits and drawbacks. Consumers (patients) have the right to choose the type of plan that best fits their needs. As a health care leader, it is vital that you understand the differences in these plans. In addition, in a health care environment where there are plenty of options for consumers (e.g., providers, medical offices, location, consumer plans etc.), ideally making the “choice” is left up to the consumer’s determination.
For the Module 3 Case Assignment, conduct additional research as needed and complete the following:
- Part 1 – Comparative Chart:
- Prepare a detailed comparative chart (see example at the following source: https://philsblogspace.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/eco-chart.jpg?w=1400). In your comparative chart, evaluate and discuss the key features, differences, and disadvantages between MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and ACOs.
- Part 2 – Designed an Application (App):
- In the world of technology, the “consumer choice” is often swayed by their research efforts or applications. In at least 2 pages, design an app to assist consumers with making a choice between the various consumer plans. Be creative and detailed about your application. Explain the contents of the application that you create and why you feel it would be beneficial to consumers.
In your scholarly paper, you should include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your thoughts and analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Support your report with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals. Angelo State University Library (n.d.) Library guide: How to recognize peer reviewed (refereed journals). Retrieved from: https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment. Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources review the following source. Georgetown University Library (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content