IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WORD LIMIT REQUIREMENTS:
undefinedPlease note that each and every assignment has its own word limit.
undefinedThe purpose of a policy analysis is to provide advice to a decision maker regarding a specific course of action on a public policy decision. For this assignment, conduct a critical analysis of an existing policy of your choice, either at the local, state, or federal level. Develop a short, written policy analysis (750 to 1,250 words) related to a public health issue of your choice. Refer to the resource “Guidelines for Preparing a Brief Policy Analysis” when preparing this assignment and include the following in the policy analysis:
- Problem Statement: A problem statement should be clear, concise, and written in the form of a question that identifies the public health problem addressed in the analysis. The problem statement should be one or two sentences maximum.
- Background of the Problem: This section should include factual information and evidence necessary to understand the public health problem, describe why the public health problem is important, and explain why the issue needs attention.
- Landscape of the Problem: Key Stakeholders: This section should identify the specific key stakeholders relevant to the policy analysis.
- Landscape of the Problem: Key Factors: This section provides the overall context of the issue and should include epidemiological, political, economic, practical/feasibility, legal, and ethical factors.
- Available Options for Action: This section should provide an analysis of three to five options for a policy course of action, including the benefits and drawbacks of each course of action. Discuss the evidence and ethical implications of each of the options.
- Recommendation: This section should describe one of the previously described options as the recommendation. Clearly identify which option is being recommended and why it was selected over the other options. Describe why it is the best option despite potential drawbacks, and address ways to reduce negative aspects of the recommendation. Describe the potential this policy recommendation could have for public health or health equity.
undefinedIncorporate at least six scholarly sources into your presentation of the health policy analysis.
undefinedYou are required to cite at least SIX sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the discussion question criteria and public health content.
undefinedPrepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
undefinedWhile APA style is required, solid academic writing is expected as well, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
undefinedThis assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
undefinedPLEASE make sure APA citation and permalink for articles are complete and correct.
undefinedPLEASE add the links/sites below to the reference list if you use any of these readings and make sure everything is in proper APA format.
undefinedRead Chapter 7 in Essentials of Health Policy and Law. Review Chapter 6.
Read “Nine Questions to Guide Development and Implementation of Health in All Policies,” by De Leeuw and Peters, from Health Promotion International (2015).
Read “Does Stigmatized Social Risk Lead to Denialism? Results From a Survey Experiment on Race, Risk Perception, and Health Policy in the United States,” by Dunham, Lieberman, and Snell, from Plos ONE (2016).
undefinedRead “Collaborating for Health: Health in All Policies and the Law,” by Pepin, Winig, Carr, and Jacobson, from Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics (2017).
Read “The Health in All Policies (HiAP) Approach and the Law: Preliminary Lessons from California and Chicago,” by Polsky, Stagg, Gakh, and Bozlak, from Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics (2015).
Read “The GREENH-City Interventional Research Protocol on Health in All Policies,” by Porcherie et al., from BMC Public Health (2017).
Read “The Eighth Global Conference on Health Promotion: Health in All Policies: From Rhetoric to Action,” by Tang, Stahl, Bettcher, and De Leeuw, from Health Promotion International (2014).
Read Health in All Polices: Experiences from Local Health Departments, by the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) (2017), located on the NACCHO website.
Read “Addressing the Social Determinants of Health Through Medicaid Managed Care,” located on The Commonwealth Fund website.
Download and read Health in All Policies Training Manual, available on the World Health Organization (WHO) website.
Explore the Health in All Policies page of the American Public Health Association (APHA) website.
MUST have at least 5 citations with the page numbers and 5 references in APA format. (The List of References should not be older than 2017 and should not be included in the word count.) Include at least one scholarly reference and appropriate in-text citations and Address all points on the DQ. One point will be deducted for not addressing each item mentioned above. Remember that presenting someone else’s work as your own is plagiarism.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
It is important that you cover all the topics identified in the assignment. Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT presenting an explanation from the context of ethics and the readings for this class
I am a stickler for good organization in everything. I do not want to have to dig for your answers. For instance, if an assignment asks you to provide three examples of something, I suggest that you number them 1-3 so I can find them easily. I also expect that when you submit something as a narrative, you pay attention to how you organize your thoughts: use paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences; and change paragraphs whenever you introduce a new idea. Also, if there are multiple parts to an assignment, use sub-heads within the paper to organize them.
To get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for this assignments 1) look at the word/page limits 2) review and follow APA rules 3) create subheadings to identify the key sections you are presenting and 4) Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
REMEMBER IN APA FORMAT JOURNAL TITLES AND VOLUME NUMBERS ARE ITALICIZED.
American Psychological Association. Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th Ed.). Washington, DC: Author.