Euthanasia & Physician Assisting Suicide (PAS)
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Ethical and Religious Directives (ERD) for Catholic Health Care Services (6th ed.). (2018).
Paragraphs: 59, 60, 61
- PHI 3633 WK 8.pdf ON ATTACHMENT
- Cioffi, A. (2019, March 30). BIO 603 EUTH PAS 3 30 19 [Video file]. Retrieved from BIO 603 EUTH PAS 3 30 19 (Links to an external site.)
Euthanasia & Physician Assisted Suicide (PAS)
After studying the course materials located on Module 8: Lecture Materials & Resources page, answer the following:
- Medical / Generic definition
- Bioethical definition.
- Describe pain and suffering within context of faith
- Physician Assisted Suicide / Death ( PAS / PAD)
- Is it ethical?
- Should we have the right to end our lives? Why yes or why not?
- Better alternatives to PAS; compare and contrast each:
- Palliative care / Terminal sedation
- Case studies. Brief summary of:
- Hemlock Society
- Jacob Kevorkian
- Britanny Maynard
- Read and summarize ERD paragraphs #: 59, 60, 61.
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.