The Nurse as Advocate
In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA 7 style, you will describe the advocacy process. Whether nurses are advocating for their patients, health care, and/or policies that improve people’s lives, the advocacy processes have commonalities that transcend the subject of their advocacy. There are also differences, although these differences may be more nuanced than obvious.
Review the following chapters from your course textbook:
• Taking Action: Nurse, Educator, and Legislator: My Journey to the Delaware Senate
• Taking Action: A Nurse in the Board Room
Respond to the following questions based on your readings:
1. Describe what you believe to be the drivers for each of the individuals?
2. What factors led them to become advocates?
3. Discuss the challenges that each of them identified in their writings.
4. Analyze these drivers and challenges and compare them with your own experience to date as an advocate. In what ways do you believe that you can expand your advocacy skills within the next five years?
***An introduction and conclusion are required.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA 7 format.
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.