I’m working on a health & medical discussion question and need support to help me understand better.
BOOK: RIZZO, DONALD C. FUNDAMENTALS OF ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY. 4TH ED
READING ASSIGNMENT: CHAPTER 18
In this discussion, you will examine the role and function of kidneys in the body.
- List the functions of the nephrons.
- Define the functions of the urinary system.
Step 1: Respond to the following:
Kidneys filter the blood and remove waste and extra fluid from the body and are essential for maintaining good health.
- What is one possible reason for kidney failure? Why would someone die if kidney failure occurs?
- Humans have two kidneys, but they can survive with one. Given the crucial function of the kidney, would you ever consider donating one of your kidneys to someone else? What factors would go into your decision?
- Hypothetically, what impact would having only one kidney have on a person’s health?
*Be sure to cite any outside sources in APA format.