Instructions: Review the following links and Identify two specific web-based tools to evaluate.
Identify two specific web-based tools to evaluate.
Please note that the types of web-based tools include:
- Consumer healthcare websites
- Consumer eHealth program aims
- Intervention tools
- Describe the client population.
- Explain the type of Health Information Technology (HIT) you would advise to support the care delivery.
- Evaluate two consumer healthcare websites, consumer eHealth program aims, or electronic intervention tools you might use with your patient population.
- Evaluate each for the balance between context, content, and user needs.
- Describe the user’s experience:
- Usefulness, Desirability, Findability, Accessibility, Credibility (and accuracy), and Value.
- Calculate the readability level. (Select a site for calculating readability; there are many such sites out there.)
- Advise on usability. Although you can’t complete the testing, you can address design, ease of learning, efficiency of use, memorability, and potential error frequency.
- Appraise how well the sites support consumers’ healthcare needs.
- Provide an overall summary of the pros and cons of each site.
Step 4: Propose the preferred web-based tool.
- Recommend one of the two tools you evaluated.
Formatting and Mechanics
- Utilize APA formatting and style.
- Submit your paper as a Word document that includes the content for the proposal.
This assignment will be graded using the Critical Appraisal of Web-Based Technology Rubric.