MBU Human Astrocytes Glial Ratios Astrocyte Subpopulations & Human Brain Essay
Missouri Baptist University
I’m working on a health & medical writing question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
- Specific Review Requirements
- Describe in 3-4 sentences how astrocyte and glial ratios have changed during evolutionary course.
- Describe the four structurally and anatomically distinct astrocyte subpopulations within human brain. For each:
- describe anatomical location
- describe structure
- describe any role in disease mentioned
- Describe the functions identified for human astrocytes. In 3-4 sentences for each, detail what this function is and why necessary in the healthy human brain:
- neuronal survival and synaptogenesis
- intercellular coupling
- neurotransmitter recycling and uptake
- calcium signaling and gliotransmission
- General Review Requirements
- Essay form.
- Minimum of 500 words (approximately 1.5-2 double spaced page).