The Self-Aware Leader
The practice scholar works in a space between action and potential, anticipating the next step and translating the process for others. They bring the vision and context of change so stakeholders can implement the change. Reflect upon your personal and professional experience regarding change efforts and address the following.
- Consider a time when you led change at the organizational or individual level. What were the result? Looking back, what could you have done differently to improve results?
- Consider a time when you knew you needed to make a change but chose not to due to time constraints. What was the result? How might you make time to work on necessary personal changes to support your leadership formation?
- Consider a time when you led change effectively. List the key insights gained from this effort. How can you use these insights to lead future change efforts?
- What important external expectations determine the expectations you have for yourself as a leader?
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 350 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.