The literature review is key to any research study or article development. It is important to review the literature within your own discipline, but also other disciplines which may confront similar issues or have related concerns. For example, practice issues in other health related fields often correspond to those confronted in nursing. Nursing education concerns may also be found in academic research within other disciplines outside of the health care field.
- What is the purpose of conducting an organized literature review?
- How will you approach this aspect of your research?
- What literature other than nursing literature do you feel may offer useful information?
- How might you incorporate these ideas into your proposal?
- Provide an example of a piece of literature that supports your topic and provide a brief summary of the article.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria.