Over the course of this semester, you have explored a variety of topics related to disruptive innovation and innovative technologies. For the purpose of helping your instructor refine and strengthen NGR 7820 for future students, please use this guide to write a thoughtful, detailed, 1-page, double spaced paper.
As the diagram suggests, a reflection paper’s purpose is, in general, to reflect your understanding of the course and how it affected your ideas and possible practice in the future.
- Begin by jotting down some of the reading material and class assignments that stand out in your mind. Decide why they stand out to you.
- Using the first person singular (“I”), relate the readings and class discussions to your previous knowledge and experience.
- Consider if and how what you have read and learned changes your thinking and might affect your practice in both personal and professional situations.
- Review the readings and class discussions to be sure that you have included all relevant information that you can and made all the connects that you can.
Structure your reflection paper as follows:
- Opening paragraph
- Brief, only a sentence or two, but it should offer some overall statement of your perspective based on what you have learned (e.g. Before I read the text for NGR 5720, I had never considered…..).
- Main body paragraphs (2)
- Describe which readings or assignments affected your thinking and why.
- What key insights gained in this course will influence your future leadership style and approach?
- Should reflect upon how you think you may use what you learned in the course to help you in your career (e.g. I realize I must learn how to….).
- Or it could be uncertain (e.g. I don’t agree with everything I learned, but I am going to consider using some of the practices in the future to see…..).
- APA formatting for any material that is summarized from an outside source.
- References are not required!
- 1- 2 page, double spaced
The format for this reflection was adapted from the International Institutes for Restorative Practices (IIRP) Reflection Papers format (https://www.iirp.edu (Links to an external site.))