Please use the grading rubric to create an outline of your assignment. Each section of the rubric should be a section of your final paper and could become the headings. Your assignment will be graded based on each element of the rubric. Compare each section of your paper with the rubric to ensure all elements are covered. Then, include an introduction and conclusion to tie the paper together.
complete a poster presentation of your capstone project. Complete this presentation as if you are presenting to nurses in your workplace, community and/or a national conference.
Create a poster presentation using PowerPoint:
- the topic of the capstone project. Enhance professional nursing practice through the use of research and evidence-based practice.
- a review of the literature to support the validity of the project.
- the location and key players.
- three (four) measurable outcomes to achieve the project.
- the benefits of the project to you, your workplace and nursing as a profession.
- necessary resources and budget.
- timeline and who is involved.
- specific strategies to accomplish each outcome.
- evaluation of the success of the project
Students will develop a Poster Presentation of their Capstone Project
Students develop a Poster Presentation of their Capstone Project
Students develop a Poster Presentation of their Capstone Project with a minimum of errors
Students develop a Poster Presentation of their Capstone Project with a significant number of errors
Does not provide a poster presentation of their capstone project
Your poster project must include:
- Title of capstone project topic
- How the project will impact your own personal profession
- How the project will impact the profession as a whole
- Summary of the plan you wish to implement and the clearly defined location
- Identify 3 or 4 outcomes for the proposed plan/strategies to meet the outcomes
- Review of literature
- Timeline for project
- Budget for project
- How you plan to assess the project once implemented
Poster Presentation includes all of the required elements
Poster Presentation includes a minimum of 7 required elements
Poster Presentation includes a minimum of 4 required elements
Does not provide a poster presentation or includes fewer than four required elements
Organization excellent, ideas clear and arranged logically, transitions smooth, no flaws in logic.
Organization good; ideas usually clear and arranged in acceptable sequence; transitions usually smooth, good support.
Organization minimally effective; problems in approach, sequence, support and transitions.
Organization does not meet requirements.
Grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and usage correct and idiomatic, consistent with Standard American English
Grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and usage good mostly consistent with Standard American English; errors do not interfere with meaning or understanding
Grammar, punctuation, mechanics and usage distracting and often interfere with meaning or understanding
Grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and usage interfere with understanding
References are relevant, authoritative and contemporary.
Minimal use of appropriate references.
Poor use and/or selection of references not relevant.
Demonstrates competent use of mechanics and APA.
Minimal APA errors.
Many APA errors.
Complete lack of understanding.