1) Which of the following do you think should be a priority:
- Salt restriction as a public policy; or
- Ensuring adequate water intake to prevent dehydration in children during school-sponsored sports events?
Please support your answer should be 250 words based on examples and properly cite all your external sources using APA format.
2) Explain how your consumption of fluid intake is healthy or detrimental to your wellness. For example, do you consume a large number of sugary drinks? How many glasses of water do you drink in a day? How does this effect cellular composition (electrolyte balance, osmosis, osmolality)? What are some effects of sodium or potassium electrolyte balance in cells? Your response should be at least 450 words.
3)Within the last decade, a lot of negative attention has been given to consuming higher amounts of carbohydrates. However, carbohydrates provide energy for the body, and the type of carbohydrate you consume is as important as the number of carbohydrates (i.e., quality over quantity).
1. Identify and discuss at least 2 different health benefits associated with increased consumption of whole grains (as a source of carbohydrates). What scientific evidence supports these possible
For the next questions, please refer to your Food Diary from Unit 1 for this Assignment.
2. What percentage of total calories in your diet is made up of carbohydrates (remember that the AMDR for carbohydrates is between 45 and 65%)? Would you consider this a high-carbohydrate diet or a low-carbohydrate diet? Please explain your answer.
3. What are some examples of fast-releasing and slow-releasing carbohydrates in your diet? Discuss if you are satisfied with your total intake and quality of carbohydrates, or if you think you should make some changes? If you want to make changes, which food items would be increased and decreased?
The Written Assignment should be 3-4 double spaced pages in length, not including title or reference pages. (No abstract is needed.) Use APA format with double-spacing, Times New Roman, 12-point font, and 1” margins. Include citations and a list of references in APA format.