The purpose of this assignment is to determine the significance of a contingency plan in preparation for potential threats, such as emergency response for addressing terrorism, natural, and man-made disasters.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word proposal that focuses on the importance of incorporating an emergency response plan for addressing continuous organizational operations. Be sure to specifically address the management of patient records, reporting, and business processes during emergency response preparation.
The contingency plan needs to include:
- Workforce training and emergency response drill.
- Communication Planning and Command Center organization, including the management of patient records.
- Prioritization of tasks during an emergency.
- Assigning emergency response duties and the impact on reporting.
- Coordination of local, regional, and federal health agencies and the impact on managing business processes.
- Mitigation of fear and panic of staff and community.
Use the “Epidemic Planning Chart,” located in the Topic Materials, as well as the other study materials on pandemic response planning (from the CDC and DHS) to assist in developing your emergency response plan.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MS Health Care Administration
3.3 Describe functions and management of electronic patient records, reporting, and business processes.