Please start with the pathophysiology of Alzheimer’s disease, conduct a literature review and discuss the latest developments.
Please include a discussion section about new developments in diagnostic tests and technologies.
In the conclusion section, please share your experience (if you have any) and include some tips for your NP colleagues.
Research Paper Instructions – You will write an original research paper about clinical applications of pathophysiology. I simply want you to choose a topic that will be helpful in your future career path.
1) You can focus on the relationship between pathophysiology and evidence-based medicine and prepare a case study/literature review. As you know, “literature review” means the process of reading, analyzing, evaluating, and summarizing scholarly materials about a specific topic. In other words, you don’t have to design a study and/or collect data.
2) You can choose any topic related to pathophysiology depending on your career plans and research interests.
– This paper will make up 20% of your final grade.
– This will be a literature review. You will NOT collect and analyze any patient data because this requires IRB approval from both institutions. – Please use Adelphi University’s electronic library, you will find several full-text articles.
– Your paper should be MINIMUM 3000 words long, not counting citations or pictures. This is the minimum number and please keep in mind that the more is better.
– Please follow APA style and include at least 10 peer-reviewed references
– You don’t need to have “Abstract”, “Keywords”, and “Methodology” sections. Again, this will be a literature review, not an experimental trial.
– Please do not forget to include a “Conclusion/Discussion” section at the end. This is the most important part where I want to see your own perspective about possible future applications/implementations. Do not worry about being subjective for this assignment, you don’t have to be objective in discussion section. I especially want to encourage our students to make some predictions about possible future (when possible). Even Steve Jobs and Bill Gates made several wrong predictions in the past, so I will not judge your conclusions, only grade the originality.
– Studies, projects, experiences and findings that are contradicting each other could be a good start to make your own comments.
– Here is a descriptive title example: “Comparison of Two Clinical Decision Support Tools for Diagnosis: XYZ and WZY”. – If you are not familiar with literature reviews, you can use the following link as a starting point:
Literature Review Basics: What is a Literature Review?