Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Partridge, C. (2018).
- pp. 104-131 (Part VII Kindle edition)
Supplemental Materials & Resources
Feel free to watch these videos to supplement your reading of the Partridge text. These are not to take the place of reading.
- Overview of Early Judaism (8:25)
Khan Academy. (2017, February 9). Overview of early Judaism Part 1 | World history | Khan Academy [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/cP-fdixB1Zc
Overview of early Judaism Part 1 | World history | Khan Academy (Links to an external site.)
- Judaism in Brief (6:11)
HarvardX. (2017, April 19). Judaism in brief [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/2sOzmBAaCHA
Judaism in brief (Links to an external site.)
- The Messiah (4:44)
Hazony, Y. (2018, June 6). The Messiah | Morgan Freeman and Yoram Hazony [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/4Jb9VrqmE00
The Messiah | Morgan Freeman and Yoram Hazony (Links to an external site.)
Read section on Judaism and answer one of the questions at the end or one of the following bonus questions. (Be sure to indicate which question you are answering.)
- Describe some of the key differences between Judaism and Christianity.
- What is the Jewish view of the afterlife and how does this differ from Christianity?
- What connections can you draw between the Jewish Passover and Christian celebration of the Last Supper?
- Your response must be at least one substantive paragraph and must demonstrate evidence of reading. formatted and cited in current APA style.