Translating Change as a Practice Scholar
As a practice scholar, you are aware of the vast amounts of new knowledge available to inform practice. Reflect upon this issue and consider the following.
- What strategies will you use to stay informed about current best available evidence?
- What strategies will you use to disseminate current best available evidence to those you lead?
- In recent history, there is little to no indication of the sustainability of evidence to reduce the eight national problems. What strategies will you use to ensure the sustainability of evidence-based practice?
- Week 8 is a great opportunity for students to reflect on how they will use what was learned throughout the term to keep up to date on and disseminate, the best available research evidence in the practice setting. It is also an opportunity to begin to explore how you will sustain the translation of the best available research efforts – interventions in your practice setting.
- Students are expected to follow APA 7 formatting for all weekly discussions and all written assignments.
- Students are expected to synthesize across research and non-research evidence sources for all upcoming courses. A summary of individual sources is not acceptable in terminal degree programs.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 250 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.